Terms and Conditions of Use
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness, or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services, or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material that is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced on this website that is not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website. Unauthorized use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offense.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website.
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without [business name]’s prior written consent.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of India or other regulatory authorities.
(A) Green India Services Description
Green India Trust is an NGO registered under the Societies Act 21, 1860. It aims to create greenery on Earth with the contribution of corporate organizations, their employees, individuals, environmental agencies, and funding entities.GIT gives its users an opportunity to select a site from listed options to plant trees. We use the internet and associated information technology-enabled processes to ensure transparency and visibility. We issue a certificate as a token of appreciation to planters and also post the same on social networks if the user opts for the same. In lieu of our services following points should be noted:
- GIT runs the tree plantation and rural livelihood program in association with our NGO partners. We follow a strict due diligence process to select sites for the plantation and we do detailed scrutiny in order to select NGO partners to be responsible for carrying out the plantation in selected locations
- We leverage services from various environmental agencies and independent experts to select plant species
- GIT and its affiliates (including our NGO partners) adopt best practices to plant trees and make their best efforts to maintain trees post-plantation. However, GIT shall not be responsible for any harm to plant trees that may occur due to reasons beyond our control (fire, flood, earthquake, drought, diseases, and land acquisition by government authorities). We also enforce fencing and protection mechanisms to ensure planted trees are intact and safe however GIT shall not be responsible for the harm occurring from the illegal felling or grazing of trees
- Sometimes it may be possible that we may tag an already planted tree to your virtual tree. This is done only under the circumstances wherein we feel that actual plantation is not possible due to unforeseen conditions. We maintain a separate lot to meet the aforementioned eventuality. However, GIT never tags trees that have already been tagged to other planters
- As soon as a virtual tree is planted on the GIT portal, we arrange for the plantation of the real tree at the location chosen by the planter. However, whenever weather conditions do not allow timely plantation there might be a delay in plantation (to a maximum extent of one year) and GIT will notify planters about the delay. Subject to weather conditions there might be a change in the location of the actual tree plantation, GIT, however, will notify you about the actual location of the plantation
- Wherever contributors/planters are interested to visit plantation sites they are encouraged to do so at their own expenses
- GIT follows strict audit processes to track post-plantation growth and survival of planted trees, it also plants an extra number of trees (buffer trees) to minimize the effect of the mortality rate that might occur due to unavoidable circumstances or reasons mentioned earlier. We have implemented the best technology system to track and map individual trees however there might be minor deviations due to the unavailability of GPS signals at a few places/under a few weathers conditions
- Planters do not own trees or any products derived from the trees planted by them
“We as a merchant shall be under no liability whatsoever in respect of any loss or damage arising directly or indirectly out of the decline of authorization for any Transaction, on Account of the Cardholder having exceeded the preset limit mutually agreed by us with our acquiring bank from time to time”
(B) User License
GIT is a unique initiative and the developed system and processes are the first of their kind in the world. Few of these components are pending for patent; therefore, adherence to our user license policy is of utmost importance.
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on GIT’s website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license, you may not:
- Modify or copy the materials
- Use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (other than non-commercial)
- Attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on GIT’s website
- Remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials
- Transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by GIT at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
The information contained on this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by ‘GIT’ and while we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability, or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website, you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of GIT. We have no control over the nature, content, and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, GIT takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
In no event shall GIT or its partners be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on GIT’s Internet site, even if GIT or a GIT authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
(E) Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on GIT’s website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. GIT does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete, or current. GIT may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. GIT does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
GIT has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by GIT of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user’s own risk.
(G) Shipping & Delivery Policy (Services)
Delivery of our services will be confirmed on your mail ID as specified during registration. As soon as a virtual tree is planted on the GIT portal, we arrange for the plantation of the real tree at the respective location chosen by the planter who is also notified about these processes through his/her mail ID. However, whenever weather conditions do not allow timely plantation, there might be a delay in plantation (to a maximum extent of one year) and GIT will notify planters about the delay. Subject to weather conditions there might be a change in the location of the actual tree plantation, GIT, however, will notify about the actual location of the plantation.
For any issues in utilizing our services, you may contact email@example.com
(H) Refund and Cancellation Policy
You acknowledge the fact that services provided by GIT are irreversible i.e. trees once planted can’t be uprooted and this action would be against our work ethics. Therefore, once the order is placed we do not entertain any refund or cancellations.