Our Objectives :
GIT’s establishment and striving even in its financial constraints are the passion, need and experiences the founding members had, and thus its objectives are genuine, need-based and must-to-be achieved only.
- To take up Natural Resource Management activities in rural areas like Watersheds, Land development, Drinking water, Bore-wells, Protective works for soil erosion/land degradation/ponds/wells etc.
- To work for the protection and judicial use of Natural Resources, Forests, Forest Resources and Conservation of Bio-Diversity and to work for the Integrated tribal development of rural areas/villages/hamlets.
- To take up and work for the rural sanitation measures and sewage systems/mechanisms and to provide Relief and Rehabilitation towards the victims/areas of natural calamities/disasters etc.
- To work for the development of women/adolescent girls and children and their nutritional aspects and to work for the Rights of Children, Women, Dalits, Tribals, Consumers, Workers/Artisans etc. in rural areas and to initiate for their integrated development.
- To work and conserve rural indigenous ideas, resources, knowledge, culture and other cultural and heritages activities and to endorse national integration among the rural people with condign cultural and other activities promoting constitutional and democratic spirit.
- To organize and bring to groups the farmers both men and women also promoting cooperatives and to arrange loans for agro investments through banks, providing irrigational facilities and to act as catalyst between Govt. and nationalized Banks and people.
- To take up activities for information dissemination like Survey, Research, and Documentation, Publication, Media and cultural activities and to promote national Goals like Secularism, National Integration etc creating awareness and to promote communal harmony in rural areas.
- To provide consultancy services to Agencies/Entrepreneurs/Cooperatives etc with educational, Vocational, Social, Cultural and Welfare activities and have plans to promote the same in rural areas aiming the development of the people and areas.
- To borrow funds from Central/State Government Financial Institutions/Banks (any type of Banks like nationalized/scheduled/cooperative/legally reputed private Banks etc.) Govt. Ministries, Corporate bodies/companies, Foreign Agencies and Companies for the achievement of the Objectives for the rural development.
- To take up activities and trainings for undertaking extension services, assist transfer of new technologies, organize camps, manage and supply inputs and extend necessary financial assistance for development of agriculture and allied activities, wastelands, watersheds etc.
- To take up constructive activities aimed at relieve the population generally and the rural population in particular from their existing poverty, economic depression and enhancing way for the progress of cultural, moral, social, educational, environmental standards of living.
- Rural Health and Hygiene – (Infrastructural Development and Services) and to take up Sanitation and Drinking Water Developments
- Land and Water Resource Management (Conservation and Use) and Sustainable Agriculture, Horticulture and Livestock Development
- Micro Enterprises/Credit for Poor and Landless Particular and Rural Families in General
- Disaster and natural calamity Management – Relief and Rehabilitation
- Animal Welfare Programmes – End of cruelty to animals/rehabilitation etc. and to take-up ABC measures and to implement Animal Welfare Act and its recommendations
- Forest Resources and Bio-Diversity; Conservation and Regeneration and Environment Protection and Natural Resources & Rural Energy Management (Solar, Renewal and all natural eco-friendly energy production and promotions)
- Reducing Global warming and reduction of Green Gas omissions and intuitive of RED++ and protection and Conservation of Water Bodies, Ground Water, Ocean, Lakes, Natural Sanctuaries, Marshes, mountains, hillocks etc.
- Provision of eco-friendly alternative and renewable energy options and promotion of eco-farmer-friendly tourism and agriculture/industries.
- Special and focused initiatives for endangering species of plants/trees/animals, natural resources and restoration and generation of agro-forestries, pastures, grass lands over rural areas to balance the ecology and conservation of nature.